Thursday, December 18, 2008

Butterscotch and Gingerbread...oh, and Curves.

No, not curves like ill lose all the good ones and get bad ones if i eat all the the cookies I baked last night...though that is the truth, fo sho...

I baked Butterscotch and gingerbread cookies last night. Its a longstanding tradition for me and I have been backing them every holiday season since highschool. Along with Peppermint/Chocolate swirly refrigirator cookies and snickerdoodles. And a pie or two.

Its amazing im not 300 lbs. I just feed the spoils to my friends. Haha.

Anyway, I am really very sorry I didn't take pictures of the process, but its super duper easy. Like Uber easy! I mean it. Just mix dry and wet separately (except sugar, mix that with the wet), then incorporate, make into tablespoon sized balls, and cook for ten minutes at 350. I wouldnt steer you wrong, would i?

Now just hold on while i get a picture of the finished product...unless Jrod ate them all for breakfast. He couldnt stop eating them last night. Theyre really sweet, but thats why boys and kids love them :P.
Haha! Yummy cookies! Now let me find the recipe... It is not of my own creation, rather something i found on AllRecipes when I was in high school that became a favorite of both me and friends.

Recipe (from this link, if you should want to see the original, there are reviews and commentary and a bunch of other fun stuff and recipes at this site)

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter or margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/3 cup light molasses
  • 1 (11 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

DIRECTIONS

  1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
  3. BEAT butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
  4. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

YUM :)

Happy Baking guys!

Miele

No comments: