Sunday, July 5, 2015

Terrified of tanning! Glow2Go Self Tanning Towlettes



Ok. I am very pale skinned and I don't usually care. I really just mind on the rare occasion that I don a bikini and feel reflective, really, and even then, I tend to preach body positivity in a big way.

But hell! How could I turn this down, a chance to look tan and not give myself skin cancer? Sign me up :-) I will admit to being terrified, I never did any tanning as a teenager, not mystic tan or fake tans or baking in the sun or anything, so I truly had no idea what I was doing getting into this. But that said, Glow2Go had a really nice set of instructions for me. They told me to wear gloves THANK YOU (i wouldn't have known that) and the towlettes are individually packed and not messy. They told me to exfoliate well but not shave for 24 hours before hand (can someone tell me why this is?).

Anyway, I followed the directions, and I did pretty well, I will admit it was weird reaching places on my back and making sure everything was evenly covered, but it was also easy to make sure things weren't streaky or weird. I think I did ok for my first time, but probably could have done better with help, and will probably do even better next time. The package has a bunch of individually packed wipes, so I will get a lot of uses out of this. It occurs to me it is also great for travelling to the beach and whatnot, for those of us who like to don spf 85 but still look sun kissed ;-)

All in all, I thought this was a fun thing to try. I didn't end up looking like I belonged on Jersey Shore, so that was a huge plus, and I didn't reflect moonlight either ^_^.

I recieved this product at a discount in exchange for an honest review.

No comments: